Canada Homestay Network (CHN) operates as a national-scale virtual organization in all regions across Canada. Over the years, CHN has earned the trust of its clients though its outstanding character and competence – shared values, personal integrity and behavioural consistency; as well as business acumen, technical skills and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Finance Director (FD) the Finance Supervisor (FS) will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN’s vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
The FS will also demonstrate an understanding of the strategic context of CHN’s work, as well as the detailed work required to protect and enhance its reputation for integrity, outstanding services, service levels, and due diligence. CHN’s work is with a variety of stakeholders, with many different perspectives, needs and motives, domestically and internationally. The FS will be comfortable with all such stakeholders; see problems as opportunities in disguise; be intuitive; seek second opinion; and focus on the processes required to ensure the success of all stakeholders and not self or pride of authorship. Experience in volunteerism and community service organizations are definite assets.
This position will be based in the FS’s home office, with occasional travel required to meet colleagues in other locations and time zones across Canada. The FS should be self-motivated and ready to work in this virtual office environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Have responsibility for all CHN’s day to day financial, sustainability and its accounting services, records, reports and analyses
- Maintaining and developing CHN’s accounting policies and procedures
- Contributing to strategic decision making with respect to CHN’s accounting systems, and preparing forecasts and financial reports
- Managing personal and team time and priorities in a demanding, multi-stakeholder environment
- Dealing with a sophisticated database, financial management software, and other applications, including Microsoft Office
What You’ll Bring
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Accounting designation (CPA/CGA/CMA) or student in the CPA program nearing completion
- 3+ years of previous work experience, including accounts payable supervisory experience managing 100K+ transactions annually
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- An awareness of current best practices in accounting, including the not-for-profit industry.
- Financial and other back room systems implementation experience, with a focus on process improvement; demonstrated experience implementing best practices related to transactional excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; service oriented and exceptional follow-up skills
- Experience with FileMaker Pro database and Connected is an asset;
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please email your resume and a cover letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00 pm PST on Nov. 19, 2019 directly to email@example.com. This is the only acceptable mode of application.