Human Resource Manager
Who We Are
Canada Homestay Network is a family-run, non-profit society that was founded in 1995. We manage programs in over forty communities across Canada, from Charlottetown to Victoria. In any successful and growing organization, people make the difference. Our team is comprised of individuals dedicated to supporting one another. When you work with CHN, you work with a network of homestay professionals. Our experience of matching tens of thousands of students over the last 20+ years has earned us a reputation for excellence and professionalism that is unmatched in our industry.
We are looking for a remote-based Human Resource Manager who will be responsible for leading HR programs for the Canada Homestay Network while simultaneously being hands-on in delivering on initiatives. The HR Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the overall success of the health and culture of the organization, with a specific focus on employee engagement, learning & development, recruitment & selection, and supporting leaders with performance management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading a team of recruitment and learning & development coordinators
- Strategizing with leaders, developing and implementing programs and initiatives that enhance the organization
- Sharing ideas to continually improve CHN’s people practices
- Providing guidance and support to leaders on best practices in performance management and employment legislation matters
- Modelling effective relationship-building and collaboration
- Administering and managing CHN’s extended health benefits and Occupational Health & Safety plans
What You’ll Bring
- CPHR designation with 8 years of progressive experience and demonstrated expertise in recruitment and selection, learning and development, and employee relations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Learning Management Software (LMS), HRIS and Microsoft Office programs
- Effective leadership and decision-making skills with previous supervisory experience
- An outgoing and approachable demeanor that enables building trust and respect in a virtual work environment
- Expertise in provincial labor laws and human rights legislation
- Polished communication skills both in online forums and over the phone
- The drive and determination to plan how to deliver CHN’s HR programs and initiatives
NOTE: This position is remote-based and the incumbent is responsible to have a reasonable workspace to carry out the duties of the role with privacy and confidentiality.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to https://engagedhr.prevueaps.com/jobs/124217.html by the end of day on Dec 1, 2019.
We hope to hear from you soon!