CHN Support Officer (Host Concierge)
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Development, the Support Officer (Host Concierge), or “SO”,
plays a critical role in ensuring the growth and overall success and management of the host network.
SO’s are responsible for collaborating with the host concierge team, converting host leads into active
hosts and ensuring the continued growth of the entire host network.
All CHN employees demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with
CHN’s vision and mission. They have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate
accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory
outcomes. The SO must also demonstrate appropriate technical skills, attention to detail and
sound judgment as well as patience and understanding. As this is a telephone centric position,
the SO must have a quiet home office and the ability to work flexible hours and days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field inquiries from prospective hosts via telephone and email;
- Assist prospective hosts through application process;
- Pre-screen applicants (where applicable);
- Follow-up on unconverted/stalled leads;
- Assist with host retention initiatives;
- Liaise with local teams;
- Continual tracking & reporting on all of the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Great telephone manner and ability to project enthusiasm;
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including: Google Sheets, Excel, Word/Pages,
FileMaker Pro or remote databases in general, Skype, and VoIP softphones, email clients and
- Effective business writing skills, strong problem solving and organizational skills, including
attention to detail;
● Ability to work independently in a virtual office environment, take initiative, and use discretion
in determining priorities;
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution;
- Ability to work in a team and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues and their
local community; and
- Knowledge of homestay policies and procedures.
- Open availability and flexible working hours including weekdays, weeknights and weekends;
- High speed internet access and at least 70GB of storage available if using a personal computer. All crucial data is maintained on the CHN server and associates are responsible for acquiring the bandwidth necessary to access this data and related functionality.
- A word processing application capable of reading and saving documents created in Microsoft Office Word;
- Adobe Reader (this is available as a free download from the Adobe website);
- USB headset (CHN recommends a high-quality headset, which can cost in the range of $40-50).
You understand that CHN may, from time to time and in its discretion, change your responsibilities and this Job Description due to our business needs.
You are also expected to do the following:
- Submit, on a bi-weekly basis, claims for hours worked and related expenses;
- Retain copies of all receipts associated with such services as photo copying, postage etc. relating to CHN
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00 pm PST on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Canada Homestay Network is committed to the principles of employment equity.