Loc, a Grade 12 international student from Vietnam, is living with a homestay family [...]
CHN Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant (EA) provides executive/administrative support to the Managing Director and Directors. This position is responsible for managing the corporate office and promoting CHN’s image by representing the Managing Director and Directors internally and externally.
The EA will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN’s vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
This position regularly presents challenges in conflict management and change management. Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
The EA is expected to work from the home office of the Managing Director from Monday through Thursday, and from his/her home office on Fridays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and coordinate all administrative activities in the Managing Directors’ office, including calendar, meetings, and preparation of a variety of documents, materials, presentations and correspondence.
- Plan and coordinate Executive Team meetings and documentation, including scheduling, backup materials, recording/preparing minutes, and monitoring action items.
- Plan and coordinate priorities to ensure effective information flow and scheduling throughout the organization, and to foster appropriate use of the Managing Director’s time. Adjusts timelines and commitments to meet pressing deadlines, avoid conflicts and address urgent
- Act as a central resource for the Executive Team, liaising with the Executive Team and responding to queries from all levels of Canada Homestay Network staff, clients, agents, stakeholders, and the public. Determine nature of calls, coordinates exchange of information, or redirects calls as
- Arrange corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries in coordination with CHN’s travel agency. Maintain budgetary responsibilities related to these duties.
- Compile administrative reports for the Managing Director in advance of meetings, appointments and other engagements, and ensure the necessary systems are in place for efficient document storage and retrieval.
- Categorize monthly invoices as well as complete, submit and track corporate credit card reports in preparation for submission to accounting.
- Keep promotional materials and files ready by coordinating requirements with graphics departments and CHN staff; stock inventory; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Schedule annual staff performance review meetings in the Managing Director’s calendar for the staff under the supervision of the Managing
- Coordinate and organize AGM arrangements including room bookings, ordering food and travel
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving and making adjustments to
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes and implementing changes as well as uses initiative to explore and evaluate new opportunities to enhance processes and procedures.
- Perform related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- Maintain data integrity in the company database on a regular basis;
- Support the continual improvement of CHN programs and services through administration of evaluation forms and other methods of feedback;
- Attend CHN training seminars, workshops and AGMs;
- Contribute to the further development of CHN’s corporate and individual intellectual property, through suggestions for improvements in our systems and procedures;
- Participate in CHN’s annual performance review and planning process in consultation with the Managing Director;
- Contribute to continuing growth and profitability through improved understanding of the overall cost required to service our many stakeholders in the most effective, efficient and economical ways and means; and
- Any other duties assigned to you by the Managing Director of CHN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of CHN staff as well as a wide range of external clients and stakeholders, determining nature of calls and coordinating exchange of factual
- Excellent editing and proofreading
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information one-on-one and within group
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and FileMaker
- A very high level of computer literacy in a Mac OSX environment.
- Excellent organizational skills including planning and coordination skills to organize calendars, schedules, meetings, appointments, committees, travel arrangements and compile all related
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of office
- Continual learning of the relevant policies, procedures and
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills to identify and coordinate changing priorities to avoid scheduling conflicts, and ensure that deadlines and urgent issues can be
- Ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources and determine priorities.
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as
- Research and analytical skills to identify and assess best practices in administration.
- Database analysis skills to prepare reports as needed for the Executive
- Minimum typing speed of 55 words per
You understand that CHN may, from time to time and in its discretion, change your responsibilities and this Job Description due to our business needs.
You are also expected to do the following:
- Submit, on a bi-weekly basis, claims for hours worked and related expenses;
- Retain copies of all receipts associated with such services as photo copying, postage etc. relating to CHN
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00 pm PST on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Canada Homestay Network is committed to the principles of employment equity.