Canada Homestay Network (CHN) Interviewers support all of the communities that CHN serves. CHN Interviewers are responsible for ensuring the overall success of the program in their community by developing a thriving host network that enhances CHN’s reputation for stellar host families.
All Interviewers must have readily accessible and cost effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities; a cell phone for emergency support, a digital camera and high-speed internet access.
All CHN employees demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN’s vision and mission. They have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes. Interviewers must also demonstrate appropriate technical skills, attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
- Communicate with colleagues, clients, students and hosts on a regular basis following CHN policies and protocols for methods, timing and documentation of all such communications;
- Conduct prescreening calls and enter data collected during these calls into the CHN host database;
- Follow up on prescreened hosts with an in-person visit at their homes to ensure the rooms and family environment meet the required standards. Geographic areas for home visits include those covered by our client schools (please ask for clarification during your application);
- Enter data and supporting documentation (photos, criminal record checks, signed agreements) collected during in-person home visits into the CHN host database, following all CHN protocols for due diligence and data integrity;
- Assist in various CHN host recruitment activities such as school open houses information sessions;
- Attend CHN training seminars, workshops and AGMs;
- Contribute to the further development of CHN’s corporate and individual intellectual property, through suggestions for improvements in our systems and procedures;
- Assist when necessary in the management of ad hoc projects to support initiatives in other communities;
- Participate in CHN’s annual performance review and planning process in consultation with the Managing Director;
- Contribute to continuing growth and profitability through improved understanding of the overall cost required to service our many stakeholders in the most effective, efficient and economical ways and means; and
- Any other duties assigned to you by the Managing Director of CHN.
Employees understand that CHN may, from time to time and in its discretion, change these responsibilities and this Job Description due to CHN’s business needs.
In addition, all interviewers must have:
- readily accessible and cost effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities;
- a cell phone for emergency support;
- a digital camera; and
- appropriate home office environment including a scanner and high speed internet access.
In order to meet all family members in their home, most interviews must be conducted on weeknights and weekends. This is a part-time position, with an expectation that the Interviewer will be available to conduct an average of 5 interviews per week. Each interview, including data entry and follow-up, should take about 2-3 hours for experienced interviewers (not including travel time). Interviewers are not reimbursed separately for gas or mileage on their vehicles.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN’s vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate appropriate technical skills and computer efficiency. The job requires a very high level of computer literacy in a Mac OSX environment, dealing with a sophisticated database and other applications.
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Canada Homestay Network is committed to the principles of employment equity.