When international students like Rosa from Spain, left, stay with the Brauers Maya & [...]
CHN Homestay Placement Coordinator
The Homestay Placement Coordinator (HPC) will be able to demonstrate personal integrity and transparent motives consistent with CHN’s vision and mission. They will have a ready acceptance of their personal and corporate accountability for stewardship of the common good and perseverance to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Canada Homestay Network (CHN) the Homestay Placement Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring successful matches between host families and arriving students. The Homestay Placement Coordinator has the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with international students, host families, and school personnel. This position requires sound and reliable judgment as the impact of a poor placement can affect students, hosts, schools and, ultimately, CHN’s client relationships and reputation in the community.
To perform the duties of the job, flexible working hours are required including weekdays, weeknights and weekends. This position requires a home office setup that allows for work to be performed without unnecessary distractions.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in data entry, working full time in a cross-cultural environment with community agencies or in an educational setting. The candidate must have cultural awareness and experience living overseas is considered an asset.
- Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed.
- Send confirmation letters to hosts and students, agents, and/or schools.
- Ensure that relevant and timely notes are accurately recorded in the company database.
- Regularly review student applications to ensure that they are complete and accurate.
- Regularly review host profiles for accuracy of information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Continually develop and refine your understanding of the available hosts in the region.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with regional hosts.
- Support the regional team with relocations, host education, student orientation, and school visits.
- Collaborate with regional colleagues, host families and students in working through issues regarding homestay problems and cultural differences and respond to crisis situations in a prompt and caring manner .
- Perform other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Maintain professional, friendly, and prompt service at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, word and database software products
- Demonstrated ability to compose effective business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; taking initiative and discretion in determining priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and maintain relationships with others
- Knowledge of international students and their cultures
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
In addition, all Placement Coordinators must have:
- reliable and high speed internet connection;
- ability to work flexible hours as necessary;
- ability to successfully obtain a police clearance.
- Group benefits (medical, dental, extended health, life insurance) for permanent employees who work more than 20 hours per week; and
- The ability to telecommute from home.
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00 pm PST on the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Canada Homestay Network is committed to the principles of employment equity.