Loc, a Grade 12 international student from Vietnam, is living with a homestay family [...]
CHN Part-time Interviewer & Relationship Manager Support
Please note: At CHN, we refer to the role of “Relationship Manager”, though it is not a management position.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Canada Homestay Network (CHN) the Interviewer and Relationship Manager Support plays a critical role in ensuring the overall success of the homestay program in their community. The RM has the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with international students, host families, and school personnel. This position requires sound and reliable judgment as all decisions affect students, hosts, schools and, ultimately, CHN’s client relationships and reputation in the community.
CHN Interviewers are responsible for ensuring the overall success of the program in their community, by contributing to the development of a vibrant, dynamic host network. Interviewers conduct one of the most important aspects of our work: recruiting and screening host families. As an organization, our reputation depends on the quality of our hosts.
To perform the duties of the job, flexible working hours are required including weekdays, weeknights and weekends. This position requires a home office setup that allows for work to be performed without unnecessary distractions, with a reliable high speed internet connection as CHN is a completely virtual organization with a collaborative team working from home.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience working full time in a cross-cultural environment with community agencies or in an educational setting and experience interviewing.
- Develop a local network of host families through a variety of marketing efforts;
- Screen and personally interview potential host families and conduct all follow-up due diligence;
- Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed;
- Correspond on a regular basis with hosts, students, agents, and/or schools;
- Ensure that relevant and timely notes are accurately recorded in the company database;
- Regularly review host profiles for accuracy of information in accordance with applicable privacy laws;
- Continually develop relationships with both new and existing hosts in the region;
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with regional hosts, schools and school board staff;
- Support the regional team with relocations, host education, student orientation, and school visits;
- Maintain professional, friendly, and prompt service at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Related skills in screening and/or interviewing
- Extensive involvement in your local community
- Working knowledge of general office procedures, spreadsheet, word and database software products
- Demonstrated ability to compose effective business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; taking initiative and discretion in determining priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and maintain relationships with others
- Knowledge of homestay policies and procedures
- Knowledge of international students and their cultures
- Ability to successfully obtain a police clearance
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
- Fluency in another language (especially Mandarin) is a strong asset. Additional duties in 1st language support may be assigned to these candidates.
In addition, all Relationship Manager/Interviewers must have:
- readily accessible and cost effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities;
- a cell phone for emergency support;
- a digital camera.
- appropriate home office environment including a scanner and high speed internet access.
In order to meet all family members in their home, most interviews must be conducted on weeknights and weekends. This is a part-time position, with an expectation that the Interviewer will be available to conduct an average of 5 interviews per week. Each interview, including data entry and follow-up, should take about 2-3 hours for experienced interviewers (not including travel time). Interviewers are not reimbursed separately for gas or mileage on their vehicles.
How to Apply
If the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a well-known and growing organization is of interest to you, please email your resume and a covering letter stating your salary expectations by 5:00 pm PST on the closing date to email@example.com.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Submitted resumes should be saved in .doc, .docx or .pdf format with your name in the filename, (for example: Joe_Smith.doc).
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Canada Homestay Network is committed to the principles of employment equity.