CHN Safe Arrival
The current travel restrictions and quarantine requirements related to the COVID-19 pandemic have required CHN to consider options for students to quarantine (self-isolate) on arrival. The below outlines expectations of students throughout their journey – from before students leave, while they are en route, on arrival, and guidelines for quarantine.
Remember, facts, not fear will stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Share facts and accurate information about the disease
- Challenge myths and stereotypes
- Choose words carefully. The way we communicate can affect the attitudes of others
For more information about preventing and addressing the social stigma of COVID-19, download this World Health Organization guide.
Read, sign & send the CHN Safe Arrival Protocol
CHN’s first priority is the health and safety of our students and host families. We are also obligated to follow the regulations and recommendations of various authorities, including the government of Canada, provincial and local public health authorities.
Please read CHN’s Safe Arrival Protocol carefully, then sign and send the Student and Natural Parent Declaration (starting on Page 7) to your Relationship Manager or email@example.com. Please note that the Declaration on Departure (on the last page) must be e-mailed to us on the morning of departure.
CHN’s Safe Arrival Protocol includes important information about:
- Government rules and expectations
- Pre-departure planning
- Quarantine / Self-Isolation options on arrival (including costs)
Additionally, the Safe Arrival Protocol forms the basis for student Self-Isolation Plans required to satisfy current Canadian government travel restrictions concerning COVID-19 and 14-day quarantine rules.
Before you depart for Canada
Currently, all international students must complete, before their arrival in Canada:
1. All travellers must have a Self-Isolation Plan to satisfy current Canadian government travel restrictions concerning COVID-19, which require travelers arriving in Canada to quarantine for 14 days (the above CHN Safe Arrival Protocol will form the basis for this plan).
2. All travellers must download and complete the Canadian government’s ArriveCAN application for approval prior to their arrival on a paper form, web-based form or using an electronic App (available for iPhone and Android).
- Canada: ArriveCAN
3. If the student is studying in BC or Alberta, they must complete, send and print the MANDATORY Self-Isolation Plan in advance:
4. On the morning of departure to Canada, all travellers must answer the questions in the CHN Safe Arrival Declaration on Departure, sign and send it to their CHN Relationship Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
CHN Special Refund Policy: COVID-19
What if a student, host or anyone else in the homestay household shows symptoms of COVID-19?
Please follow instructions from the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html#i and inform your Relationship Manager of the outcome so we can assist in any way we can.
If you cannot reach your Relationship Manager, please call our emergency line at 1-877-441-4443 ext. 1.