University of Alberta

Welcome to Canada!

In partnership with University of Alberta, CHN provides international students with custodianship services so they feel well supported during their program of study in Canada.

If you are a student under 18 and are living in residence, and you don’t have a custodian, you may register in University of Alberta’s Custodianship Program managed by Canada Homestay Network. Please check our Services & Fees.

The first step is to obtain the Parental Appointment of Custodian form from CHN. Please email our local office and request a copy, citing your Student ID and Reservation ID numbers from your application if possible. This form must be signed and notarized in your home country. Once your application and payments are received, you will be sent the notarized Declaration of Custodianship required by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) along with a confirmation letter containing information regarding your host family.

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us.

Get in touch