Loc, a Grade 12 international student from Vietnam, is living with a homestay family [...]
Partner with CHN
Flexible. Collaborative. Ethical.
Since 1995, we’ve earned a unique reputation for client satisfaction, based on common values, successful experiences, and the highest professional standards in the industry.
Why work with CHN?
The Canada Homestay Network (CHN) is Canada’s largest private and independent homestay management organization. Our members have more than 20 years of successful experience in international student hospitality, with tens of thousands of satisfied clients in more than 50 countries.
If you are looking for a trust-worthy partner in the provision of best-in-class homestay services in Canada, you’ve come to the right place.
Canada Homestay Network (CHN) hosts are carefully screened, including reference checks, criminal record checks and interviews. This process is reflected in the high standards and best practices recommended by educators and professional associations across Canada.
CHN connects with students and their Canadian hosts before they meet. The application and matching process helps pair students to the right host the first time. CHN is also committed to coordinating new student-host pairings, without dispute, if necessary.
CHN provides students and their hosts with 24/7/365 first-language support. CHN counsellors are trained and dedicated professionals who celebrate the cultures and languages of our students and understand the excitement and stress of travelling and living abroad.
Who We Are, What We Do
CHN is a not-for-profit organization with second-generation family leadership. Like our educator clients and hosts, we’re motivated by the common good—how homestay benefits students, host families and communities. We’re inspired by the ways in which homestay provides students with the opportunity to discover their potential.
CHN’s carefully-screened hosts are committed to including students in meaningful family time including meals, conversations and excursions. That means immersion in Canadian culture and many more opportunities to learn practical English. CHN trains and supports our hosts through ongoing orientations, educational resources, and social events.
- Facilitated homestay application process with online access to key forms in multiple languages.
- Carefully-screened host families through our comprehensive due diligence process, which involves interviews, reference checks and criminal record checks.
- Host/student matching process that considers the preferences and requests of both the student and the host.
- Matches are confirmed with host pictures and residence location map.
- Personal support including custodianship.
- Greeting and orientation services on arrival including tips on how to make the most of each student’s Canadian experience.
- Regular follow-ups with each student and their host to determine if they require any special assistance.
24/7 first-language support for emergencies and other needs.
- Portfolio of a student’s experience (including their academic progress) to their agents or parents in English or their preferred language.
- Flexible meal plans
- Airport pick-up and return
Fees & Conditions
CHN fees reflect the investment we have made in our superior network of experienced and professional homestay experts across Canada. We are committed to serving the interests of our students and educational clients, and to providing you with the best value for your investment.