Why choose homestay?
Add a valuable dimension to your Canadian education experience.
When you choose homestay with CHN you become a member of the family you live with and part of the community you live in.
Be part of the Canada Homestay Network family
We are delighted that you are thinking of visiting us. There is a lot to discover and enjoy in our country. We can help you make your experience here full of happy memories.
Our secret is simple:
We believe that international students and their Canadian hosts – through their mutual caring, education and travel – can make a difference in our world …
- by helping to improve understanding and acceptance of one another;
- by celebrating the differences among us all, and
- by reducing ignorance, fear and prejudice.
CHN hosts are carefully screened, including reference checks, criminal record checks and interviews.
CHN’s application and matching process helps pair students to the right host.
You are never alone! CHN provides students and their hosts with 24/7/365 first-language support.
CHN fees are less expensive than on-campus options and often include meal plans and amenities like wifi.
Your homestay hosts will include you in meaningful family time including meals, conversations and excursions.
Services & Fees
CHN Student Services: Our Warm Welcome
The CHN Warm Welcome is our promise:
- to provide you with appealing accommodation in Canada;
- to make a terrific match with a caring host family, and
- to stay in close contact for the duration of your visit in Canada.
Our promise is good for everyone in the CHN Homestay Program. It means our clients arrive in Canada to a supportive home environment, and are offered assistance at every stage of your visit in Canada. After their visit, many of our hosts and their students remain friends for life.
Before departure, CHN will:
- Help you apply for homestay;
- Send you a host profile with information on the host family selected for you;
- Send you documents about Canadian culture and the keys to successful experience in homestay.
On arrival and during the period of the homestay, CHN will:
- Provide a formal orientation to prepare you for homestay;
- Ensure that you are supported as you learn to take public transit, access a health clinic, open a bank account, and so on;
- Talk to you during first month to see how you are adjusting to school and homestay;
- Help you communicate effectively with your homestay host and resolve difficulties, as required;
- Meet with you whenever you need to talk;
- Provide 24-hour support to you, in the event of an emergency.
Because fees and services vary in regions across Canada, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information based on your study and accommodation requirements.
For an additional fee, we also offer:
- Airport pickup and/or return service
- Special Learning Programs (such as Home Tutoring)
- A location closer to your school or workplace
- A private bathroom
All of our accommodations are located in appealing, safe neighborhoods accessible to your school or workplace by public transportation.
At CHN you can choose accommodations to suit your budget. ALL of our hosts meet our high standards for safety and cleanliness.
All our accommodations includes, at a minimum:
- A furnished room with a window
- A bed with clean linen (sheets, pillow, and blankets)
- Private storage for your belongings (such as a chest of drawers or a closet)
- Access to a shared bathroom with your own clean towels
- A quiet place to study, usually in your own room.
Please note: The meal plans listed below may not be available in all locations. Special requests (like dietary restrictions) will be taken into consideration.