When international students like Rosa from Spain, left, stay with the Brauers Maya & [...]
Partner with CHN
Flexible. Collaborative. Ethical.
Since 1995, we’ve earned a unique reputation for client satisfaction, based on common values, successful experiences, and the highest professional standards in the industry.
Why work with CHN?
Canada Homestay Network (CHN) is the leading homestay program management firm in Canada, having served tens of thousands of satisfied students over twenty years, from coast to coast. Our best practices and due diligence help our students and their hosts to enjoy every aspect of their experience together.Our current clients include:
- 17 publicly funded Schools Districts serving urban and rural communities in New Brunswick, PEI, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia;
- Community colleges, universities and independent schools in communities from Fredericton to Victoria; and
- Student education and travel agencies in over thirty-five countries.
We design and manage each program to meet the specific needs and characteristics of each client and their students.
CHN hosts are carefully screened, including reference checks, criminal record checks and interviews. This process is reflected in the high standards and best practices recommended by educators and professional associations across Canada.
CHN connects with students and their Canadian hosts before they meet. The application and matching process helps pair students to the right host the first time. CHN is also committed to coordinating new student-host pairings, without dispute, if necessary.
CHN provides students and their hosts with 24/7/365 first-language support. CHN counsellors are trained and dedicated professionals who celebrate the cultures and languages of our students and understand the excitement and stress of travelling and living abroad.
There’s no cost to you when you work with CHN. We’ll help develop a rate structure that suits your program in collaboration with you and your team, but 100% of the revenue is generated from student registration.
Your homestay hosts will include you in meaningful family time including meals, conversations and excursions.
Who We Are, What We Do
CHN is a not-for-profit organization with second-generation family leadership. Like our educator clients and hosts, we’re motivated by the common good—how homestay benefits students, host families and communities. We’re inspired by the ways in which homestay provides students with the opportunity to discover their potential.
CHN’s carefully-screened hosts are committed to including students in meaningful family time including meals, conversations and excursions. That means immersion in Canadian culture and many more opportunities to learn practical English. CHN trains and supports our hosts through ongoing orientations, educational resources, and social events.
- Homestay program for students of all ages (K-12 to post-secondary)
- Short- and long-term stays
- Urban and rural communities
- Host recruitment / management
- Marketing strategies including paid media campaigns
- Host screening: reference checks, criminal record checks and interviews
- House safety checks and walk-throughs
- 24/7 first-language support to students and hosts
- Custodianship, airport pickup, medical insurance, and alternative meal plan options available