Scholarship Winner 2018
CONGRATULATIONS – Juan Carlos Freaner Sanchez
Thank you to all the applicants who applied!
March 28, 2018 – Deadline for Applications
April 24, 2018 – Posting of Finalists on the CHNS website
May 28, 2018 – CHN Scholars announced on the CHNS website
PREPARATION OF MATERIALS AND NOTIFICATION OF STATUS
Only on-line submissions will be accepted. CHN will not accept printed materials. Applicants should:
- Respond precisely to the application questions. Confine responses to the spaces provided.
- Briefly explain any activities, courses, or honors that readers are not likely to understand.
- Use Items 4-5 and 8-9 to reveal your values, interests, and motivation for studying in Canada and pursuing excellence in community leadership. CHN will protect sensitive information.
- Alert CHN to any unusual circumstances that have limited your activities or affected your grades. Note such restrictions in Item 9 or ask your school to cover them in the Recommendation Letter.
- Make the application neat and easy to read.
The deadline for submission of this application to CHN is 11:59pm in your time zone on February 28, 2018. You must coordinate with your school to ensure that your materials are received by CHN by this deadline.
Privacy Act Advisory Statement. Pursuant to the requirements of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSBC 1996, c. 165 and the Personal Information Protection Act, SBC 2003, c. 63, please be advised: by signing the application form, you authorize CHN to collect your personal information to be used to select CHN Scholars. The information may also be used to publicize your selection as a CHN Scholar. Furnishing the information is voluntary; failure to do so will prevent your consideration for a Truman Scholarship.
Debarment and Suspension Certification. As a condition of appointment, each CHN Scholar must certify that he or she is (a) Has not within a three-year period preceding this award been convicted of or had a civil judgment rendered against him or her for commission of fraud or a criminal offense in connection with obtaining, attempting to obtain, or performing a public (Federal, State, or local) transaction or contract under a public transaction; violation of antitrust statutes or commission of embezzlement, theft, forgery, bribery, falsification or destruction of records, making false statements, or receiving stolen property; (b) Is not presently indicted for or otherwise criminally or civilly charged by a governmental entity (Federal, State, or local) with commission of any of the offenses enumerated in the preceding paragraph; and, (c) Has not had one or more public transactions (Federal, State, or local) terminated for cause or default within three years preceding the date of the Award Letter.